Saturday, May 2, 2009

Photo Op

1. The tulips at 59th and 5th are one of my favorite things about spring in NYC.
2. It rained last night into the early morning.
3. Scott Kelby (my photographic guru, thanks to my brother Matt, my other photographic guru) says just after rain is the best time to take pics of flowers.
4. Yep, it's photo time.

A few peeps have asked for photography tips and tricks. Disclaimer: I'm by no means an expert. But I'll share a few things I've learned so far. Here goes.

Why I like it: Tulips on a back-drop of cabbies--juxtaposition of nature and metropolis. I love that about NYC.

How to do it: First, get low. Don't shoot down on flowers (says Kelby) because everyone sees them that way. Second, set the ISO low. Low ISO = clear pictures. Clear is a must for flowers.



Why I like it: tulip (cool flower) + The Plaza (cool building) = cool photo.

How to do it: Get low and do the same with your aperture (if your camera gives you the option). Low aperture = fuzzy background.

3 comments:

Lucile Eastman said...

See, you have found a reason for rain in NYC. Beautiful!

Hillary Mondragon said...

They are sooo amazing Jedders! Don't be surprised if one of them end up as art work on the walls of Casal del Mondragon!

Jed Eastman said...

Thanks Hill. If you really do wanna print, lemme know which one and I'll send you the original file. Give the kiddies a squeeze from their uncle jedders!