Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Idol Thoughts

I want to give a special thanks to Jed for inviting me to be the American Idol editor in chief for the blog about tonight's show.

Here are my thoughts...

1. The whole show was weird. Nothing exciting. Nothing unusual (besides the weird part.)
2. Adam Lambert's make up is applied better than mine.
3. I thought the last lady standing (Allison) did a great job. That being said, it NEVER fails that when I really like someone's performance, the judges didn't like it. So, no surprise that they thought it was a "poor song choice."
4. Is anyone else annoyed that the judges use "poor song choice" for criticism??? I think if we played back every show from this season the phrase "it was a poor song choice" would be heard from at least one judge.
5. Paula needs more clothes. And less Simon flirting.
6. Was anyone else bored with Ryan Seacrest and his introduction of the stage falling apart? I think the whole show is falling apart.
7. I am becoming a bored fan. I am sorry folks...the truth has been spoken. I am bored with AI. Anyone else?

Now, let's hear your thoughts.

7 comments:

Natasha said...

I'm TOTALLY bored with AI, so much so that I have not watched it in the last 3 weeks.

Kim said...

This is Matt. I'm gonna throw one in here. I usually try to stay above the AI fray but when some teenagers take it upon themselves to interpret Led Zeppelin, Janice Jopplin, The Beatles, and Aerosmith, I take that seriously.
I thought Adam was disappointing. Him trying to do LZ is like some chick trying to do Whitney Houston. However good you sound, you CANT sound as good as the original. I played the real song for Chelsea just to show her how it's supposed to sound.
Whatever-her-name=is's interpretation of Janice was sorely lacking, again compared to the original. I thought Kris' try at the Beatles was the best. His was a respectful version of a timeless classic with his own personal spin. Plus I love a guy who can play an axe.
Danny was...um...let's just say he's no Steven Tyler.
As Randy said, A+ for effort. Good for them all for trying. But these songs are classics for a reason, and to me no teenager could ever do them justice. I suggest we turn off AI and crank the Led Zepplin and Aerosmith.

Hillary Mondragon said...

Why does Adam feel a need to wear a v-necked shirt that borderline shows his navel? Can't stand him.

mb said...

Dear Heather:

You know what I am tired of? the judges all saying how phenom/fab/fantastic/"rock god?" (ew) Adam is. Hey, he's talented, I will give him that, but seriously, he's like billy idol (ha! for the pun).

Rachel said...

I love these posts...
Never liked Adam, never will.
Love Kris, thought he did well and at least stuck to what he does best.
Allison did great. I don't know what the judges are talking about with "song choice" and "confidence" and blah, blah, blah.
I like Danny lots, but come one, what was that? That scream at the end was embarrassing and so unlike him.
Judges are really bugging me...and I, too, and getting really annoyed with the Simon/Paula flirting stuff. It takes so much away from the show.

Alison said...

Completely agree with everything you said. The show is definitely going downhill. Thank goodness So You Think You Can Dance starts in two weeks! WOO HOO!!!!!!

akdoxey said...

Haven't blog hopped in a while...lots of updates. First of all, Heth- I think you have the runner's high. I'm so proud of you for running, and the fact that you want to run another one (4th of July, right?) means that you've been sucked in-even just a little. So run on!

Jed- love the pics. You're becoming quite the photography. Tulips are aws.

American idol...why do I waste so much time?