Saturday, April 18, 2009

Sun and Fun

Well folks, I am happy to report that we FINALLY have some sun in NYC. We spent a GLORIOUS day out soaking up the vitamin D. It's been too long. We've missed the sun. I'm so happy to be reunited with warmth and UVRays.

We started the morning off with a two, yes TWO mile run! I know it sounds silly, but I am quite proud of myself. I have a great little coach!

Next, we went to the city to try a new place for brunch. There is nothing that makes me happy like brunch. Or saying I am going to brunch. It just sounds so grown up! We went to a little cafe called Maison 247 which has a French flair to it: we tried beignets (lil deep fried french yummies) and had a really great meal.

We then took off to the foreign land of Brooklyn. Jed planned a little day out at the Brooklyn Botanical Gardens. He knows that I love gardening (or at least the idea beings that we live in a concrete jungle) and believe me, this was a garden to the extreme. Gorgeous flowers, cherry blossoms, koi fish ponds. Soaking up the rays, sitting on a bench, people watching to the fullest. Couldn't ask for more.

We went back to the mainland for a little shopping with hopes to catch "Into the Heights" on Broadway, but ended up coming back to our little abode in Queens. We were both SO tired...give
us a break, we haven't had a full day out in a LONG while.

All in all, it was a perfect day.

Enjoy the pic from my "bud"ding photographer (pun intended)

2 comments:

Steph said...

congrats on the run, and what a fun day! i did my first half marathon race since 2000 and it felt HARD - way more hills in charlottesville than utah, but glad i did it - now i have very sore feet, calves, and knees! However, sometimes the first 2 miles are the hardest! so you go!

Kage said...

You didn't get tix to INTO the Heights b/c it's called

IN THE HEIGHTS

And it is a great show, so you should try again, and this time ask for IN THE HEIGHTS tix.
: )

I have not been to any NYC botanical gardens yet! I think b/c of my allergies it's not the first thing I think of...but I still want to go.....gotta put it on the list! Glad you had a great time. Our fun-in-the-sun consisted of rooftop reading and a battle between two ice cream trucks vying for the same turf. CuhLASSic