Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Stolen Leftovers

I present Exhibit A . . . that my leftovers were stolen. Lovingly prepared by H. Safe and sound in the office refrigerator. Gone at lunch time. The kicker: the thief apparently washed the container and put it back in my lunch bag with the apple, string cheese and granola bar which were left untouched. Either this thief has a heart after all, or he doesn't share my affinity for snacks.

Evidence found, I felt a range of emotions:
  • Anger (not too much though, I'm pretty even keel)
  • Laughter (you kidding me? what is this the modern version of "leave the gun, take the cannoli?")
  • Ick (someone had touched my stuff)
  • Pride (to be the victim of my first real life Office-esque moment--half expected Kevin and Creed to pop around the corner and tell me I'd been punk'd)
Oddly enough, the leftovers I made went untouched today. Guess this thief knows good cookin' when he sees it.

7 comments:

Hillary Mondragon said...

I told H that I think it was the night janitor and that he didn't have enough food for his family to eat, so he fed his starving family and was so grateful that he took the time to wash out the tupperware with care. Your a hero, you just didn't know it....

Kristie Larsen said...

NO WAY!! I cannot believe that.... are you sure you didn't eat it and forget? I just don't know what kind of person would do that. I mean, at least just steal the whole thing because I am totally grossed out about someone digging in your stuff. Definitely time for a new job ; )

sheri said...

Nobody in Utah would EVER do that!

Heather said...

I am baffled. Should we throw the tupperware away? I just bought it! I wished it was one of the nasty spaghetti stained old tupperwares instead of the new and barely used one. I would really hate to have to pay 2.00 for a 20 pack of new ones.
Good one mom! :)

Kage said...

That is hilarious. I can't believe that even happens...so funny. I would think: Well, that person must be really having hard times if they need to eat someone's food. And hey, if you're gonna steal food, might as well be picky.

RyAnn Thompson said...

Wow

Tiffany said...

I just saw this and remembered your stolen lunch post. Enjoy. http://dailycolander.com/2009/03/anti-theft-lunch-bags/