Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Welcome to Amish Paradise



Jed and I traveled to a wonderful land called...Lancaster Pennsylvania! We had a RIOT in a city where riots are unheard of. For those of you who don't know, Lancaster is the Amish Country. Very VERY different than our lives in NYC.
Some of my highlights:
1. Dairy Queen Blizzards (there are no DQ's in the city)
2. Horse and Buggy's AS A MEANS OF TRANSPORTATION for crying out loud!!!
3. The Hershey chocolate tour
4. all you can eat breakfast...SO good!
5. Kitchen Kettle Village. I bought 2 low-sugar homemade jams (I'm a jam snob...it HAS to be homemade)
6. Free goody bag from the dirtiest hotel we have ever seen.
7. Finding Eastman Avenue in the first 10 minutes of our trip
8. All of the Amish kids waving to us as we passed
9. Getting harassed by a local (a man offered to take pictures for us, then offered to drive us to our hotel, then asked if he could join us for dinner...at that point, we removed ourselves from the situation. Overly nice. Weird nice. Maybe just Lancaster nice???)
10. Spending a very nice weekend with my husband, in a city that reminded me of Utah. Sans the horse and buggy. Although, people seem to think that my hometown is equivalent to the Amish. :)

Click here to see all the pics from our trip.

3 comments:

Kage said...

I can't wait to go some day...your hair is getting long.

Jessie Jo said...

I'm all about homemade jams and jellies. Everything else is just gross!

Natasha said...

What a fun trip! I love the Amish communities! Glad you made the trek!