Sunday, May 4, 2008

Save the TaTa's




This past weekend was quite an active weekend. I have been talking about this Revlon 5K for a while now...talk no more, I participated on Saturday. It was an INCREDIBLE experience. I know it's only 3 miles, but the whole experience was just amazing. My day started out at 7. The race started in Times Square (42nd st) and ended on 105th in Central Park.
There were SOOOO many participants. I could guess that there were over 50,000 people...give or take a few, and all walking/running for a cause. There were so many people that had shirts with names of loved ones, reasons for running, or team logos...one of the best? "Pissed off woman kicking cancer's ass" nuff said. (thanks Kristy for finding such treasures)
This was such a fun experience. I can't wait for the next race! It was really nice to be doing something active with friends from the ward, and to see my #1 fan at the finish line...thanks Jed.

4 comments:

Tay and Teigan said...

Yay you did it! Races are always so inspiring, regardless of the distance. Especially when it's for TaTa's! You and Jed look great!

Rachel said...

Way to go! I laughed out loud at your title...I actually didn't think about it 'til later. That's me, a little slow!

Amanda said...

Way to go Heathy. I still am trying to catch my breath back when we we're in high school and I was "trying" to do the mile run for P.E. Well, you get it...maybe one day though Chica.

Whitney said...

Jake would be so proud of you!! However, he would've made Jed where a shirt that said "Because a world without boobs in no world for me!"