Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Idol Update - Paula Abdul Calls it Quits

Attention all Idol fans (admit it, you know you watch it). I was catching up on my "times" reading this morning and saw this little tid-bit of news:

Paula Abdul to Leave 'American Idol'

This calls for some Idol Thoughts (man, does it feel good to be thinking idly again):
  • I love that she announced her departure via Twitter--classic.
  • Paula's 'leaving' or Paula's 'fired?' ... or 'unable to continue due to--er--her dealer being incarcerated'
  • The fact that Seacrest got $45 million and they apparently only offered Paula $10 must have hurt, but turning down $10 million--in this economy--shame on you Paula.
  • As crazy as Paula is, I'm not sure Kara's much of an improvement.
  • I know I've been pretty vocal about how nutso Paula is, but now that she's not coming back, I kinda miss her already (here, take my man card, I've clearly stopped using it altogether).
Anyway, goodbye Paula, we'll miss you--that is, until we see you searching for love on VH1.

1 comment:

Kim said...

Can it really be true that a person as smart and talented as you is spending any amount of mental energy thinking about this stuff? Especially when there are new "What Not to Wear" episodes out with a replacement for Nick Arrojo? Matt