Thursday, August 20, 2009

60 Things - Take 1

We couldn't wait ... so, we started our 60-60 adventures a day early.

Jed has to work in Long Island this week. Working in Long Island requires a car. We love this city EVEN more, when we have a car. So, we took full advantage of having 4 wheels and AC and drove into the city. My husb is pretty good behind the wheel ... in a busy city ... with lots of cabbies. I was impressed.


First item to scratch off our list:#3: Banana Pudding from Magnolia Bakery. Goodbye banana pudding. Forever. Well, maybe not forever, (I bought the Magnolia Bakery cookbook. Oddly enough, my pudding does not taste like theirs. No film is left on the roof of my mouth. Not enough lard?) but from Magnolia's at least.



Jed's not sure how he's going to live without his banana pudding fix. Even though I don't like anything from Magnolia's anymore (don't hate) it will hold a special place in my heart and always remind me of falling in love with Jed over our "pretend dates" (while still living in Utah when NYC was a pipe dream) strolling down Bleecker St. to get banana pudding. This was all done via text messaging--until we finally moved here and got to do the real thing. Ah, true love.



Across from pudding haven is Jed's favorite book store in the city--it sells all biographies all the time. I thought I'd give it a whirl. I browsed, I even perused ...


.. but I couldn't pull the trigger and left empty handed.

We thought we saw a Whitney Port sighting (from the Hills ... don't make fun, we all have our vices)--false alarm, then we drove ourselves over the Williamsburg Bridge (crossing another bridge off our list. Do we have too many lists? Are you getting confused?).

I already love this little adventure we have set out to do. 1 down. 59 to go.

PS. Much props and preesh to Jed's brother Luke for designing our little "60-60" logo. We feel so official now. Oh, and you should check out Luke's cool new community food blog here. It's deliciously cool.

2 comments:

The Vaughn Family said...

I am having mixed feelings about you moving...I really want to come to NYC to see you ONE MORE TIME, I don't know if I'll ever make it back there. However, I am very excited to have you closer to us and living close to Jared and Ry! Love you guys and don't leave your fans hanging too long over the other half of the list :)

RyAnn Thompson said...

Toasted Marshmallow Shake...mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.....can you bring one to SF for me? pleeeeeeeeeeeezzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz