Monday, August 24, 2009

60 Things - Take 3


We scratched a few more items off our list of "never to be done again in NYC (or Jersey in this case)" list.

#45 Eat at a Jersey Diner
#46 Visit Princeton University (also in Jersey)

We had a great time eating (just as a sidenote, we are diligently working out, and although we may gain a few lbs... it's worth it, right? Someone had better agree or we are calling this whole thing off! We are not doing this for our own good, but for the good of NYers and those lovers of NYC who are vicariously living in this city through our blog.)



Anyway, the diner was featured on---you guessed it, Diners, Drive-Ins, and Dives. It's called the Brownstone Diner and Pancake Factory (I was hoping to see a conveyor belt with dozens of flap-jacks coming down the pipe, but it didn't happen)

You can't go to a place named the Pancake Factory without getting pancakes, so I did. Pancakes WITH peanut butter chips. I didn't use syrup. I could only eat 2/3 of one. They were even better 3 hours later in the car (shhha, I took a doggie bag. These 60 things don't come cheap!) Jed indulged in some corned beef hash. He gets embarrassed that he likes corned beef hash.

Princeton
University is only an hour away from Pancake Heaven. It's truly going from one magical place to the next.


Jed and I both LOVE visiting college campuses. We like to act like we go there (so much that we bought a shirt. Jed got mad at me when I didn't stick to the game plan and tell the cashier that we enrolled for the fall. I buckled.) Seeing this campus puts all others to shame. It was very old, gothic, cathederalish, Harry Potterish. We wished we went to school there. Not to study, just to wander around campus with our t-shirts on.




We loved our day in Jersey.

3 comments:

Hillary Mondragon said...

I loved watching that episode of DDD with the Brownstone Diner. You know me though...out of the 75 different kinds of pancakes I would have requested Bisquick with Golden Griddle Maple Syrup. Old habits die hard, ok?!

mb said...

Harry Potter-ish? I'm sold.

Kim said...

No embarrassment necessary. I love corned beef hash.