Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Wicked weekend with my sis

My sister Brittney was "surprised" on her birthday with a trip to NYC and two tickets to the Broadway show WICKED (which, was a pleasant surprise for me!!!)

The show was quite amazing. The set is amazing. The characters...amazing and the performance, well, amazing.

We also had to sneak in some shopping, pizza, and exploring. The humidity held us back a bit. I wish we could have captured some pictures of my hair. It was CRAZY! Wavy, fluffy, scraggly (made up word) and I have the world's straightest hair...or so I thought.

Brittney really deserved a fun trip for herself. She is always doing so many nice things for everyone else, being a great mom and sister, and being pulled in millions of directions. She is a good example of being selfless and she is a great example of being a great mom.

Thanks again sis!

6 comments:

The Vaughn Family said...

I thought your hair was ravishing. Thanks for all the compliments, sis! You're so sweet! I really had a fun time with you, thanks for having me! Love you (and Wicked!)

Lacey Sue said...

I wondered where she had gone too, I usually see her every day as we pick up the kids from kindergarten! I am SO glad she got to go visit you:)! Oh, and Wicked, one of the best musicals EVER!!!!!!

♥Andrea said...

Hey Heather!! I'm so glad I found your blog! I haven't seen you since the bridal expo! Congrats! Hope to talk to ya soon!

Rachel said...

Don't you love sister time? Nellie and I love Wicked, as well, and could see it a hundred more times. So fun when your sisters are your greatest friends!

Rachel said...

P.S. You don't happen to know anyone from Buffalo, do you? I have a lot of hits from there...but you're the only New Yorker (besides Ashley Sandberg) that I know there. Just curious...

Chelsi said...

Yeah!!!! That was such a suprise to see you on our comments. I am so glad that you found us! It will be good to keep up with what you are doing in NYC. It looks so fun, we're jealous...hope you are loving life!