Friday, October 24, 2008

Mother and Father and NY...Oh MY!


Our latest and greatest visitors came last week...my mom and dad.
Let me paint you a quick pictures (at least of my mom)
Small Town Lady
Doesn't like crazy drivers in SALT LAKE CITY
Never been to the BIG apple
Needless to say, NYC was a little out of her comfort zone...but, she LOVED it! (ok, at least really liked it)
Now, guess what we did? A lot of walking (My dad informed me that there are a total of 81 stairs between our apartment and our subway stop...do that twice a day=legs of steel) A lot of eating (but that is always the fun part) A lot of touristy things...and a lot of non-touristy things.
My mom wanted to "live a day in my life" so I took full advantage of that and made her do my laundry with me. It was the best gift that they could give me.
My mom and dad brought a puzzle with them of NYC (Jed and I love puzzles) it was a 2000 piece puzzle and we have been putting it together all week.
I am so glad my mom and dad got to see the different way of life and the way we live. They were such great visitors! Come back!

2 comments:

sheri said...

We had such great hosts! Like the old adage goes: Nice place to visit, wouldn't want to live there! Too bad there wasn't a head shot only of Dad and I! Yep, I am fat and it shows! Dieting today! And no more wearing zipped-up-too-tight sweaters! I hope that dang puzzle is finished by Halloween, at the least, or Thanksgiving! YOU GUYS come back! Thanks again. Loveyoumissyou!

Lacey Sue said...

You parents rock! I am so jealous of you, everyone and their dog comes to visit you from clear across the country, I can't get my parents to come over and they live 2 minutes away :)! You are such a wonderful family!