Saturday, October 11, 2008

Saturday is a Special Day

I just have to let everyone know that this Saturday (as in today) has been one of the best days I have had in NYC.
We slept in (ok, not really, sleeping in for me is 7:03...I'm cursed with waking up early) and had yummy raspberry waffles...I may or may not have had TWICE of what my husband had. In my defense, I usually wake up and have to eat...but, I waited until someone else rolled out of bed to make them, which meant that it was about 9:30 which meant that I should have had breakfast and my mid morning snack by then.
We got ready for the day, walked across the Queensboro Bridge (not nearly as glamorous as Brooklyn Bridge) and went to Central Park. Here are some of the highlights
1. Roller skating rink. I'm telling you there was a 70+ year old man gyrating to the beat of morrocas (sp) while on skates. Jed thought he was on ectasy. I thought he was more in shape than I am...and really into rollerskating. The funny thing about this story is that on the way to the city I was saying how great it would be if I had old school roller skates.
2. A LEGIT croquet game. Happens that there is a croquet court in Central Park. Olmstead really knew what he was doing to satisfy the many walks of life this city produces. (PS. Olmstead was the architect for Central Park)
3. People GALORE! This truly makes me so happy to know that everyone else was enjoying this fall-tastic weather. It was beautiful. We even saw a man without a shirt on that had somehow got sunburned in 69 degree weather?
4. Levain Bakery. Three words: Bobby Flay Throwdown. Jed and I love Throwdowns and he threwdown with this bakery. They rocked his world. We have been meaning to go for over a year to the bakery and we are SO glad we did because the 400 calorie cookie was amazing. Dark Chocolate and PB chips=yum.
5. Spending a full day with my man and falling in love with him even more. (Yes, I'm cheesy and I love my husb...who has a problem with that???)

6 comments:

The Vaughn Family said...

Awwwwww....Cheesy. I'm so glad that you guys got a nice day out. We were snowed upon, the kids LOVED it. I seriously was freezing, and it was 30 something degrees. I am starting to wonder if moving into the cold weather area was such a good idea...

Lacey Sue said...

Sounds like a perfect NYC day- the kind you see in movies that always make you say "I wish I could go there someday" and you lucky girl, live there!!
And it's not cheesy to gush about one's hubby! I am glad you are blessed to have a man in your life that treats you so good! You deserve it!

Noel Family said...

Ryan and I watch the throwdowns all the time too! We love it! And I absolutely love the foodnetwork channel! That is so awesome you get to be in NYC.

Tay and Teigan said...

We are huge fans of Throwdown as well. Or anything on the Food Network for that matter. Tay has a huge crush on Bobby Flay, seriously the man can do no wrong in his eyes. Glad y'all had such a nice fall day! And I love hearing about how happy you two are so keep it coming.

Steph said...

sounds like 1 great day! I would like to come up there this time of year! It is beautiful here and we had a great friend with my cousin, a new yorker, who came down to visit us! Fun to see what ya'll are up to!

MUNKSTOWN said...

That does sound like the perfect Saturday. I say we seriously get old school skates and practice. We could get really good, almost as good as the guy gyrating to the beat of morrocas. Think about it, this could be our destiny.

ksp