Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Updates

It seems that we haven't been keeping up with the old blog lately, so I thought I would share some things that are making us too busy to blog:
1. Jed is studying for the CPA test. Now, you may be thinking to yourself "wait a minute, I read a post 4 months ago that said the same thing." Well then, you are correct. He takes the FINAL test on April 19...keep the prayers and good energy coming.
Jed has been doing an AMAZING job at balancing work, running, CPA test, EQP, husband of the year, etc.
2. I got my haircut at this salon...and saw Mr. Arrojo in person. He was very charming to all of his customers and clients. If you don't know who Nick Arrojo is, he is the hairdresser on What Not to Wear. He is the one who is ALWAYS using a diffuser.
3. I have been working between the Queens and Manhattan office. It's about 40 minutes from office to office, so an hour and a half of my work day is on the train. Not bad. But, I finished the book, Pillars of the Earth (it's a thousand pager...) and haven't found (or looked for) a new book to start. Any suggestions? Preferably paperback and smaller as I had to tote POTE around and it was heavy!
4. Our little community, Woodside, had some exciting news last week. Not only did they open a legit Mexican taco stand (which is fantastic) but, Columbia Pictures was filming a movie on Roosevelt Avenue AKA the heart of Woodside (I just made that up, so don't quote me) Columbia Pictures asked the church (the LDS church that is) if they could use the parking lot and the gym as a Holding room. The movie stars Denzel Washington and John Travolta. Coming soon to a theater near you!
5. We have a few visitors coming this month. My brother and future sister-in-law will be here on Friday. We can't wait to take them to our favorite BBQ joint in Harlem.
Jed's brother and sister-in-law will be here at the end of the month. We can't wait to take them to our favorite Mexican restaurant in NYC.
6. You're right, all pretty poor excuses for not blogging more regularly.

2 comments:

Jessie Jo said...

Sounds like you have been busy, I feel for you with your studying husband, good luck.

Lucile Eastman said...

Have you read "Peace Like a River"? It's Rach's recommendation and it is fabulous. Can't go wrong with that one.