Saturday, June 20, 2009

Open Season

The US Open came to my back yard this year. No, not the US Open that comes every year, the US Open (the golf one, that is). Add another reason to the ever-growing list of things I love about this town . . . a 40 minute train ride and I'm staring at the best golfers in the world. Ok, cheesy I know, but for a guy like me, this was sort of a dream come true.

We decided to go to the practice round on Wednesday and watch the real show on TV. Turns out it was a good decision--the weather was awesome Wednesday, not so much since then. We got to see all my favorite players except Tiger. Can't win 'em all I guess.

The whole experience was even sweeter since the US Open this year is being played at Beth Page State Park (The Black Course), which is a public course, and one that my brothers and I played last summer for the first time. The guys out there this week are handling the course a tad bit better than we did.

The other great thing about the practice round? You can take your camera with you, of course. The pics . . .

The 18th grandstand (pre-crowds), green, and fairway. That is one sweet hole.


The leader board. I think "Eastman" would look sweet on that thing, don't you?


Sergio . . .


Phil . . . I may or may not have squealed like a little girl when I saw him that close-up (don't you dare judge me).

3 comments:

Natasha said...

I'm putting my money on Jed squealing like a little girl!!! Looks like a fun time! Too bad my favorite part about Golfing is driving the little cart!

Kristie Larsen said...

oh I SO judge anyone who squeals like a little girl. even little girls. i am a judger... a total judger.

Thanks for being busy this weekend so I could spend time with your wife. I had a glorious time! And i dare say the Thai food put me into a coma.

Hillary Mondragon said...

I think you look EXACTLY like Heb in the pic with you and Luke...glad you could cross a "Things to do before you Die" item off your list-looked memorable!!