Tuesday, November 11, 2008

I was harassed...

By this little guy at the laundromat.



As many of you know (because I post about it every 3 months or so) doing laundry in NYC is not fun. Dragging clothes up and down the stairs, walking around the corner, waiting for the clothes, blah blah blah. But, to top it off, our laundromat is also know as a jungle gym for little kids. I am talking scooters, toys, screaming, running, climbing in carts, laying in the middle of the floor, etc.
I usually keep my cool because after all, they are just kids, and most don't have a yard to play in, so I give them the benefit of the doubt, and let them run amok.
This particular night, I am waiting for clothes to dry and talking to my sis on my phone, when this little boy (David is his name) came and sat by me. I don't really mean sat by me as much as I mean invaded my personal space. He turned his whole body so he was facing me and I could feel two beady eyes staring at me.
I was looking around for his mom/guardian only to find out his so called "guardian" was his TWELVE year old brother (who was on a scooter to boot.)
So, after ignoring lil David, I start to feel poking and someone caressing my shoulder and arm, and look over to see his little face about an inch from mine saying "let me see your phone" (keep in mind, I am ON the phone) I sweetly said "no" he said "why" I said, "because it's mine" (a little childish, but hey, it is mine!)
This conversation went on for about 10 minutes. David is fake crying in his arms, when his mom walks in. I am not sure if I was set up for this or what, but I did my best to ignore the situation. Apparently David recovered, because next thing I know, his little hand was on my leg, consoling me for making him cry.
I thought we made amends until I hear "let me see your phone."
Who would have thought cleaning my clothes could end with a restraining order? Just kidding!

5 comments:

Lacey Sue said...

That's a NYC kid for ya :)!!!

The Vaughn Family said...

Seriously, I was about to let David have it...

Anonymous said...

That is the funniest thing I have read in a while. I know my life is so sad!

Kristie Larsen said...

ok that is so funny i cant stop laughing. never never give your phone to anyone in a laundromat. i half expected the story to end with it being stolen. i would not have been surprised.
glad you didn't have to body- check the kid. that would have been real bad if mom would have seen.

JaReD said...

You should have shoved him in one of the dryers and turned that bad boy to 60 minutes...on the delicate setting of course.