Sunday, November 9, 2008

Falling in love with Fall!

I love fall. I think I have mentioned this about 50 times, but I really do. I have different reasons for loving fall in NYC than I did in Utah.
#1. The fact that the humid summer is coming to a close makes me happy!
#2. The leaves. Now, of course, going to school in Logan Utah (ie. the most fallish place in Utah (in my opinion)) I fell in love with the leaves changing colors. But, seeing leaves change colors here just makes the whole CITY scene more beautiful!
#3. The Macy's Thanksgiving Day parade (need I say more? Yes? ok) Waking up at 5:00am to meet friends, eating donuts and other treats, playing games while the parade starts, seeing the iconic floats, fighting the MILLIONS of people when the parade is over...just to be followed up by a HUGE dinner? Nothing better!
#4. We all know that once fall is in the air, Christmas is right around the corner. And, I was out on a walk last week and noticed that snowflakes, garland, and lights have been strewn around Queens.
#5. Pumpkin Patches. The patch we went to in Connecticut was too adorable and made me want to move to CT and start my career as a pumpkin farmer.
#6. Warm days, chilly nights.
#7. This picture:

3 comments:

Lacey Sue said...

My oldest sister, Jessica, lives in New Hampshire, and she has told us more than once- that we haven't seen "Fall" till we've seen a East Coast fall. I think I might have to agree with that. I agree with your darling list, and loved the picture too boot, you and your hubby are darling!!

The Vaughn Family said...

Sis, that pic is so cute! Your hair has gotten so much longer since I saw you last! Crazy! You had better just come out here and let me see it in person! It is 2:30 a.m., I haven't been feeling great and now I can't sleep. Hope you're doing good, call me tomorrow!

RyAnn Thompson said...

That picture is really good! It's a framer!