Monday, August 25, 2008

Weekend Recap



We had a really fun weekend. As I have posted in earlier posts, the weather is really making me happy. Sure, I still have sweat dripping down my face/back and I don't do my hair in the mornings, but fall is just around the corner. The nights are cooler...so, we decided to do something very UTAH this past weekend: We went camping with people from church.

     Let me set the stage:
-Campsite in Long Island...we got there by train (Luckily the Dox's took our loot the night before) 
-The Bathroom (with showers) was maybe 20 yards from our tents. 
-The fire-pit was a galvanized steel bucket.
-Lots of friends from church gathered in tents.
-The beach (Long Island Sound) was 100 yards from the campsite.

We had a really nice time eating hot dogs and smores, laughing with friends, and enjoying the great uh...outdoors!


Our newest and maybe most favorite celeb citing happened LITERALLY in our backyard. In our little city of Woodside stands Jeremy Pivens filming an episode of Entrouge





The guy looking REALLY annoyed at me was because he was, well, pretty annoyed with me. He asked me repeatedly to stop taking pictures, and when I pointed out that everyone else was taking pictures he said "yeah, well, they aren't using a flash"...I came back with "well, I don't know how to turn the flash off my camera." I thought about asking him if he could turn the flash off, but didn't want to push my luck. 

Jeremy Pivens was the three T's: Tailored, Tiny, and Tan.

The little things in life that make us happy.






4 comments:

Tiffany said...

Austin and I watched the filming for a little while also. Oh the perks of living in NYC.

Kristie Larsen said...

i thought the camping trip was action packed. Who knew you were celeb sight seeing too. and oh man! is that guy annoyed. i love the look on his face more than any of the pics combined!

Mark and Kyra Herbst said...

Wow, Heather, you are living the dream! It looks like you are having so much fun.
Kyra

Lacey Sue said...

That is SO awesome, I love Mr. Piven, he does fabulous work!! How cool! I don't know how to turn the flash off either, sorry :)!