Thursday, March 13, 2008

SubWAY

Reasons I love the subway:
1. READING...we get to read so many books which you just don't get to do while driving in rush hour!
2. The entertaining ways people try to make money:
Old Man singing Amazing Grace with a funky reggae beat
Mariachi Bands
Veterans
Young boys selling M&M's (my personal favorite that I ALWAYS fall for)
3. The thrill of sneaking on last minute when the doors are ready to close...
4. Turning the corner of Queensboro Plaza and seeing the LARGE building covered in graffiti.
5. Not having to pay for gasoline!

6 comments:

Kage said...

It is a lot greener to take the subway. I almost always consider myslef a person with disabilities when I have the kids with me...but now I truly am a person with a disability I guess!

I do enjoy the reading.

I don't enjoy the flashers and the pushers and the stinky stinky people that sometimes campout for a while.

Jessie Jo said...

I wish it was more convenient for me to take the train to work, it takes twice as long as driving, and costs more! I do LOVE all the reading I can get done when I take the train.

I agree with Kage, I don't like the stinky people!

Heather said...

You're right about the stinky people, but in the winter it isn't so stinky...maybe I have blocked out the summer stink???

Anonymous said...

I love reading your blog. NY life is so different from Utah life, and I love it! Your blog always entertains me :) Hope things are going great!

Heather Williamson said...

Heather, love your blog! Thanks for the pictures of NY and of you and Jed...you guys look so great together and you sound SO happy which is GREAT! If I ever get to NY, I am coming to visit you! Love ya,
Heather Williamson

sheri said...

Heather and Jed
I am so grateful for this blog so that we may see what our favorite New Yorkers are up to, and remember,you two will be back in only 2 years and 5 months! Oh, my, how we miss you here! Glad to watch what goes on. Stay safe!
Love, Mom