Thursday, March 20, 2008

Somtimes I wonder...

why we live in this city.

Why you ask?

Let me explain. I leave the office at 12:30...meet up with my husband for lunch. Get a phone call from my boss telling me not to return to work because they have the street blocked off. Odd, but ok. We finish lunch, and wander back to the vicinity and see cop cars, ambulances, fire trucks, black SUV's, etc.

I ask someone what was going on and they reply "I think they found a bomb or something" while taking pictures. I say to myself "This is the LAST place I want to be" so I take off in the other direction. In the meantime, Jed heads back to work. (Before anyone passes judgement on Jed, thinking that he was insincere, he wasn't...he had a meeting and I assured him I was leaving the scene)

I find myself next to Central Park...then, I notice a trailor with names on it, then the Kraft services table filled with yummy food, then I see "Confessions of a Shopaholic" sign...apparently, I just stumbled upon a filming.

I get a phone call saying we can come back to work. Turns out a homeless man left his suitcase unattended and people got nervous. The bomb squad assured us that the suitcase contained nothing out of the normal.

I am back to work.

This is why we live here, I guess. Can't predict what will happen next!

5 comments:

Lucile Eastman said...

Too bad. I was looking forward to the descriptions of all the yummy food. I guess it is good there was no bomb, though. But yummy food is yummy food!

Karisa said...

Man. So much drama. I can't imagine city life. I'm so out of touch.

Whitney said...

I was really hoping you were going to then explain how you are now a movie star and that I was going to see you in People Magazine next week! Bummer!

Heather said...

Lucile: Yummy food=muffins, granola, array of juices, fruit, and a lot of other things I can't remember.

Karisa: What is your blog address??? I want to catch up!

Whit: Bummer for me too! haha.

Tay and Teigan said...

hold on a minute... they're making a shopaholic movie?? that is great news. and i love your life! so much fun!