Monday, March 17, 2008

Luck O the Irish


St. Patty's Day hasn't ever been one of those "holidays" that I have celebrated. We don't drink, we don't party, we're not Irish...but, the Eastman's do have reason to celebrate. Exactly one year ago Jed took me to Logan Utah, had a picnic of my favorite food from Firehouse Pizzaria, and presented me with a new pair of shoes for St. Patrick's Day. After pulling the shoes out of the box, I saw a VERY sparkly ring on one of the buckles. Jed got down on one knee and asked me to marry him. I cried, he felt victorious (for making me cry)...it was a beautiful day.

Now we have reason to celebrate. Oh, and we live in the biggest Irish community in New York, so, we are technically Irish now. Erin go Brah!!!

2 comments:

Eric Eastman said...

You guys are so awesome! We're so proud of you. But you've left a little mystery in your post about the zip car. How does it work when you run out of time. Did someone come and take away from you, leaving you standing in the street?

akdoxey said...

That's very cute. AND new shoes! Way to go Jed. Next year you should check out the St Patty's parade- it's pretty cool- nothing better than men in kilts!