Sunday, February 10, 2008



I love February. I think that love is in the air, I have lots of friends/family members who celebrate their birthdays, February is closer to March which is closer to Spring which is closer to lunches in Central Park. I just love this month.

I have compiled a list of things I didn't know I loved until now...

#1. Jed. (Ok, I knew I loved him when I married him, but I am realizing it more each day) He is absolutely the best husband in the world and the more we are together the more I know that we are suppose to be together. Enough cheese for you? Well, then, that brings me to point 2...

#2. I really do love cheese. Well, let me put it this way, I love trying new cheese, I can't sit down and eat a block, but I do love trying new cheese. We went to this place last week and had some REALLY good samples...all names I could not pronounce.

#3. Exercise. I think this shocks even myself to write it, but it's true. Once I actually GET to the gym, I really enjoy my time. I love feeling sore the next day, I love knowing that I am getting healthier, and I love the way it makes me feel about myself. So, WHY is it so hard to get there? It's the million dollar question...any answers???

#4. I love candles. I think living in a small apartment with close neighbors who are all cooking different foods makes me realize that I LOVE when our house smells good. Is that a crazy new love or what??? My favorite candle...check them out here

#5. I love cooking. I have always been ok at cooking, but now I really feel like I am hitting my stride. Jed is my number one fan (ok, he's my only fan right now) and he appreciates everything I make. I am especially fond of her recipes. Jed is ALWAYS good to help with clean up too...there is no I in Eastman.

I hope you all have wonderful things to say about February...it truly is a LOVELY month.

PS. What do I want for Valentines day??? Well, if you are asking, I would LOVE this "bouquet" instead of roses! ;)

2 comments:

Tay and Teigan said...

happy valentines day to two of my favorite new yorkers! and i love EVERYTHING listed. especially cheese... which leads to the exercise.

akdoxey said...

NYC is a great place to try new cheeses, esp in Astoria where there are so many Greek and Italian places.
Also, I have a FAVORITE company in AZ that makes really strong smelling candles- Gold Canyon (watermelon is the the best)!