Thursday, January 24, 2008

Slump Busters

Holidays are over, Resolutions are on, It's freezing...we've got the January Slumps!!!
I don't know if any of you suffer from this epidemic, but after speaking with a lot of people, I get the feeling you just might. It's that time of year when there just is NOT a whole lot going on. So, I have created a list of things I am doing to help bide the time until the SLUMP is over
#1. Take up a new hobby. Thanks to my friend Natasha, I am trying my hand at knitting. So far so good, but for a perfectionist like me, I am not doing so well with the snags. But, it is a lot of fun trying!
#2. Crossing off the To Do's. I feel so much better when I have accomplished something. No matter if it's the laundry or mailing a thank you not. Currently, I am crossing a HUGE to do off my list...Thanks you cards from our wedding (Yes, it has been 6 months. Miss Manners suggests doing them up to TWO years after the marriage...I figure we are right on track!)
#3. Buy something you enjoy. Thanks to my friend Kristy, I have purchased TWO new glosses from MAC. They weren't anything I needed, just wanted. They are bright colors and I love them!
#4. Invite friends to come and visit. Heidi and Pam (old college roommates, current friends :)will be joining the Eastman's a week from today. Should have some good posts/pics when they are here.
#5. Read a new book. Jed and I were reunited with our long lost friend, AMAZON.com and purchased some (hopefully) good books. I would MUCH rather be reading a book on the subway than staring at people and wonder why they do the things they do. (I think I just revealed a guilty pleasure of mine.)

Well, let's hope we can all hang on for a few more weeks until this slump is over!

4 comments:

Pam said...

...when i read "old college roommates" i thought WHAT? wait a minute! but then continued reading "current friends :)" nice save!

I am SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO excited to come!

see you in a few days!

Rachel said...

Cute blog, Heather! And too cute cards...it was good to see your face again (even if just on the front of a card). Carl and I (and Ethan, of course) say "hello" and hope everything is going well. We LOVE New York...and if we get to go again, we'll need to stop by!
Mouritsens

Di said...

Hi Heather & Jed,
We got your thank-you today, darling! I've been looking at all of your pics, you look like you are having a ball! It's so fun to see you so happy.
Love,
Di & Scott

Natalie said...

I found your blog!! Looks like you guys are having a great time. Oh, and I saw the rug you did on flor.com. I think i'm going to need to do the same thing! I'm glad you have this blog, it will be a great way for us to keep in touch!