Saturday, September 12, 2009

I'm 28


Things I did this year that I am happy about
1. Took a sewing class and made my own skirt, pillowcase cover, and 1/2 a blanket...and have a goal to finish the other half in the upcoming year.
2. Finally got my passport (that's been a goal for 2 years now)
3. Explored a little...Maine, Bahamas, North Carolina.
4. Gained a strong liking to salmon and have really taken a liking to most fish. Who knew living in a coastal(ish) town would taste so great!
5. Landed a sweet job at an NYC publishing company
6. Found a strong love for people at church...they really are our family away from family.
7. Learned (ok, learning) how to knit (Thanks Martha! :)
8. Grew some thick skin (in a good way) living in Queens...need I remind you of the tie guy???

I have a few goals set for year 29, but will leave you hanging on for another year.

PS. I can't let a birthday go by without a shout out to Hill and say thank you for being my best friend for 28 years (and 9 months) Happy Birthday Twinkie.

13 comments:

Hillary Mondragon said...

You are the best! Love everything about you...including the fact that you got all the cleaning genes when we were stuck in that whirlpool for 9 months!

Sarah said...

Happy birthday Heather! You look beautiful!

Natasha said...

LOVE the picture! Great list of things to be happy about this year!

Cardon + Kelly Webb said...

Happy Happy Birthday! It was so fun to be able to celebrate it with you.

p.s. you look really purty in this picture.

Lacey Sue said...

Happy Birthday beautiful lady!!! You make 28 look good!!! :)

sheri said...

happy birthday aunt heathie! i love you! you look GREAT at 28! love marlee

Rachel said...

Happy Birthday!!! I always remember since you and your best friend share birthdays with my best friend (did that make any sense?) Hope it was a GREAT ONE!!!

heber said...

Well done on the fish. Now you need to convince Carley to like it.

RyAnn Thompson said...

Cute cute picture! Glad you had a great birthday and year!

Mike and Lisa said...

Happy Birthday Heather!!!! Hope you had a good one!

akdoxey said...

Happy Birthday Heath...wish I were there cause I'd take you somewhere special. Perhaps we'd make a trip to that gas station on Broadway and Northern and we'd both pick out something reminiscent of our past. I sure miss you.

And I love reading about everything you and Jed are doing in NYC. You'll have to let us know what the must do's are for when we get back. I still can't believe you won't be there when we get there. Sad day.

Unknown said...

I took some time this morning and caught up on your blog. So fun! Jed, your pics are amazing, and Heath, your sense of humor never fails! You two are great! Can't wait to read more about your 60 things. Miss you guys!

Angie said...

Happy (late) Birthday Heather!! What a great shot, and you've accomplished so much! You should be proud.