Monday, July 20, 2009

Bahamavention - Day 1

Captain's Log - The Bahamas - Paradise Island - Day 1:

Thanks to JetBlue for the early anniversary gift (yeah, so our anny isn't actually until tomorrow ... sorry about all the confusion) of an early arrival in the Bahamas. It's steamy hot here (which is fine by me because there are a lot of pools to cool us down!) Our very nice (seriously we were expecting a dinner invite by the time we arrived) cab (and when I say 'cab' I mean THE oldest mini-van in the world) driver gave us some good insider Bahamian tips ... one of which was to stop and get some groceries "off-resort" because the Atlantis is known for many things (none of which are cheap). When we arrived at the grocery store he also requested we buy him a "fruit juice" which I loved!!! Can you imagine an NY cabbie a) taking you to the grocery store (and waiting for you while you shop) for no extra charge and b) requesting a fruit juice for his troubles ... yeah, we love it here so far. So, after a $6.99 box of cereal, some milk, a few other things and $60 poorer, we made it to the resort. Today we explored, we rested (early flight)


we swam, we water-slided, we lazy rivered. It's been a great first day.

My sis and her husb get here tomorrow and we are really excited to have some fun in the sun with them. Plus, we have some good pranks planned for the two of them ... I hope they don't mind frozen swimsuit bottoms ...

More pics to come ...

1 comment:

Natasha said...

*sigh* I need a bahamavention! I love the idea of frozen swim suit bottoms!

It POURED cats and dogs yesterday and all I could think was "man, heather and jed are lucky they are in the bahamas!"