Tuesday, July 22, 2008

We made it!

Jed and I made it to our ONE YEAR anniversary! We are celebrating on a sunny beach in San Juan, Puerto Rico. I have a minute to reflect on the last year and it's been such an experience. We got married, three days later we moved to NYC, we both started new jobs...I started another new job shortly after that, moved into our TINY apartment, learned to adjust to married life together. Let me see here...any other life changes that I missed? Nope, I think I covered them all!
We love being married. I have to brag about my husb for a minute: he has been so patient with me during our transition, the move away from our family in Utah, complaining about the NYC heat, trying to come up with ways to make our apartment cooler in the mornings so I won't sweat as I get ready for the day (PS. he hasn't accomplished this quite yet...any suggestions??? and please don't say a fan...as if we haven't tried that :)) He has been the BEST travel companion...we share the same interests on trips/vacations. Last but not least, he has made me realize that marriage isn't a chore/responsibility, it's just two people working hard for something they believe in. (wow, that last line??? So poetic/cheesy, but it's true!)
PS. Puerto Rico/Utah pictures to be posted soon!

9 comments:

Karisa said...

Enjoy Puerto Rico and congrats! You two always make your marriage look like so much fun.

Mike and Lisa said...

Congrats you two!! I can't believe it has been a year already!! Have fun on the beach, I am jealous!!

Cardon + Kelly Webb said...

Congrats! Hope you two are having fun. Call us when you get back so we can hang out.

sheri said...

I can't wait to see you two tomorrow! Hope your anniversary was memorable, but how could it not be in Puerto Rico! Bring pics! Love ya, Mom

akdoxey said...

very sweet. I'm glad you guys are married and live here b/c you make nyc life easier for us. have fun!

Tay and Teigan said...

yay for love! wow, it doesn't seem like your wedding was that long ago. i am so glad you've found someone so perfect for you. you two just make me happy. can't wait to see puerto rico pics.

Lindsey said...

Heather!! I was playing around on Nikki's blog and saw your beautiful name:) It has been forever since I have seen you! Congrats on getting married...and for a year now:) that is awesome! Just wanted to drop you a note and say hello:)
Lyns....One of your favorite SBW girls:)
Lynsnicole.blogspot.com

Noel Family said...

Do you know how jealous I am right now, Stinks! But congratulations on your one year anniversary!

Rachel said...

Congrats, Heath! It gets better with time and, since you two seem so great already, just imagine!