Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Dancing Queen


My friend from USU, Jodie, came to visit last week. It's one good thing about living in NYC...we get lots of visitors! Each time we have visitors, we usually get to do something "touristy." This go round, we had the luxury of going to Chinatown to buy "brand name" purses. Let me paint you a picture of Chinatown: One long road (Canal street) hundreds of shops, thousands of knock-off STUFF, millions of people. Throw some humidity and you have yourself one heck of a good time.
I'm glad Jodie got to go, I remember how excited I was to haggle my way to three Prado purses.

We also attended a Broadway show: Mama Mia. I LOVED this show! We had 3rd row seats. A little too close for my liking because I couldn't see the whole stage when all the dancing was going on. BUT, it sure beats sitting on the last row! I have a newfound respect for Abba.

Thanks for visiting Jode!

4 comments:

Billy and Nikki said...

I so wish I could have come and hung out with you guys!!!!!!!!!!! I'm going to NY next sept. will you still be living there?

Rachel said...

I took your phone number on the trip with me so I could call when we had a free hour or so...guess what?...NO FREE TIME! I think every second of our trip was spent but I was sad I didn't at least call and ask where you lived. We probably walked by your house, since it felt like we walked the entire state of New York! :)
thanks so much for your e-mail...we all had a blast.

JaReD said...

I believe its ABBA, not Abba. Thanks.

Chelci said...

Hey Heather It's Chelci (Nix) Holste, How are you? I am so jealous that you went to Mama Mia, I saw it when I went to NY a few years back and LOVED IT! anyways just wanted to say hello, I found your blog through the grapevine- we have one too come check it out... chelciholste.blogspot.com