Saturday, July 12, 2008

Small Space Baking

Jed and I had a "first" today...first time we have made cookies from scratch. Living in a small apartment has hindered us from enjoying the kitchen together. There just isn't room for us, let alone a bag of flour, sugar, eggs, mixer, cookie sheet, etc. But, we decided to try it out, bought our supplies, and here are the results:




They taste better than they look. If you think they look good enough to make, well, then here's the recipe.
3 eggs
1 cup white sugar
1 cube butter
4 cups oatmeal (I only used 2.5 cups)
1 cup plain (mini) m&m's (I didn't have any, so I didn't use any)
2 cups brown sugar
1 tsp. baking soda
2 cups choco chips
1 cup peanut butter
1 Tbsp. vanilla

Mix all ingredients in large bowl. Drop on ungreased cookie sheet...WARNING: they spread a LOT, so don't put more than 9 on a sheet at a time. Bake at 350 degrees for 10-12 minutes (I only baked them for 9) They will appear gooey (as if that's a bad thing!)

6 comments:

Lucile Eastman said...

Peanut butter, oatmeal, and M&Ms. What could possibly be better!

Sharon said...

Hey Heather....I just read the comment you left on my blog and I just wanted to tell you that I actually ran in to Hillary (and Brittany) at Walmart the day before I left and I got to see her new little girl....she is such a doll! I hope you have a great time in Utah!

p.s...your cookies look delicious!

Tiffany said...

These looked good, but as soon as I saw that they have peanut butter, I decided that I must make them! Yummy

Karisa said...

So does a small kitchen make for a smaller appetite? If so, I need one because those look great. I like your omissions in the recipe. Like I always say, recipes are more of suggestion.

sheri said...

I saw your cookies! I think you put some syrup and toast in them. What did Jed make? Did Jed makes them or did he make Wall-E ones? We miss you! Do you want to see Wall-E or what? Love, Marlee
ps Come to Utah on Friday!
(Interpreted by Grandma)

Tay and Teigan said...

Yum! I do miss your treats!