Friday, August 10, 2007

Rainy days and Fridays always get me down...

So, I had EVERY intention of snapping some good pics today. Wouldn't you know it that my camera was out of batteries, so I don't have pictures, but I have stories.
I decide it would be nice to get out of the apt. today and go and eat lunch with Jed. I look outside and see that it's raining, so I grab the umbrella and hit the streets of Manhattan. I am wearing flip flops, because I am not aware of the extent of rain and it just made sense to me. Rubber in Rain? Anyways, I am hitting every wet patch in NYC and the flip flops are holding up to their names, because I am flipping and I am flopping all over the streets. I am laughing out loud because I look so ridiculous sliding on the cement...but eventually I get to my destination. I am closing my umbrella and as I am pushing really hard, my hand slips (because it's wet from the rain) and the umbrella snaps back open and hits me square in the stomach. At this point, I act like nothing at all happens, but it really hurt! So, I start laughing again at the thought of what just happened. I think the majority of people were distracted by their open umbrellas, but I know there was the one who is now telling his family about it over his blog. 
Rainy days and Fridays always get me down...

2 comments:

Hillary Mondragon said...

Well, Although your Friday was got you down, I think everyone else will agree that it perked us up!! You know how much I love people falling! That reminds me of a short story that I experienced not long ago, involving water, a baby in my arms, flip flops, and doing the Chinese splits in my kitchen...I will let you piece it together yourselves. I am going to Park City in a few hours and plan on spending our life savings (thats right, all $25) on buying the girls some clothes (what else is new, right!!) I guess that is what Kelly gets for leaving me alone for 5 days with only the girls and a credit card. Love you so much!!

Karisa said...

I guess flip flops aren't the best during a rain storm in Manhattan. I also learned the hard way that they aren't appropriate farm shoes either. Before that, I thought they were all terrain shoes.