Thursday, August 9, 2007

Living in the lap of luxury...




Hey everyone! We FINALLY have a couch! I absolutely love it...It's a really deep chocolate brown. The pictures don't quite do it justice, but I will send them anyways. I am also sending a picture of what we see out our kitchen window. It's a picture of the Chrysler Building, the Empire State Building, and a huge cross smack dab in the middle. It glows red at night...our very own nightlight.
Now, don't get me wrong...it's hot in New York. Don't get me wrong...it's TOUGH to bring groceries up 4 flights of stairs, let along a couch. BUT, the deliverers were DRENCHED in sweat when they came through the door. Drenched to the point that they were dripping on the BRAND NEW COUCH as they were opening it. Drenched to the point that when one looked over my shoulder to see a possible ding, he dripped ON ME! Drenched that as I was walking them out the door, in my barefeet, I slid on a drip of sweat. You're right, I should have offered them a towel and some water. After all, they did deliver our newest member of our family.

5 comments:

Eric Eastman said...

Love the couch and the view. Don't worry about being kind to delivery people; they do get paid for what they do. Maybe not enough, but they get paid.

sheri said...

Beautiful!

Hillary Mondragon said...

I am busting about the slipping on the sweat comment-classic! That really is a pretty view, and keeps you on the straight and narrow-I mean what flourecent red neon cross wouldn't? Miss you guys! Keep the blogs coming (I really don't feel high-tech enough to be using the word blog, especially because I am still not sure exactly what it means, but oh, well!? Love you!!

Karisa said...

Your newest addition to your family is beautiful. The sweat commentary was hilarious.

The Vaughn Family said...

The newest member of your family looks a little...uh...dark to belong to you. Are you sure its yours? Or did you just adopt? Of course, just teasing! It is beautiful. Right after I looked at your pics I went and looked at my sorry excuse for couches, covered with what looks like salsa and a little frosting, and desperately wanted to hear the pitter patter of new furniture and smell that new couch smell once again. You might say that I got furniture hungry.