Monday, December 20, 2010

Only you can prevent yuletide fires



At our park (yes, Jed and I now own a park. Frankie has marked every square inch of it to prove it)there isn't a lot of Christmas going on. Maybe it's because it's raining...and has been for days. Maybe people think outdoor Christmas lights + rain = electrical storm. It makes sense. And to be honest, I too have had those thoughts.

I've also had thoughts of Christmas trees lights + not enough water = tree on fire, which is why we chose to decorate our dresser.



Good thing twinkling lights + cheap furniture that you had to put together yourself and it's most likely not even real wood will NOT = dresser fire.


As Jed and I are still newer in our married life, we only have one Christmas tradition. We buy an ornament that has significance to an event that has happened in our lives. This is one of my favorites (of the 3) It's the Empire State Building and will remind me of the magic of living in NYC.

Now, who can find us an ornament of a wiener dog with a pacifier in her mouth??? She is our little baby, that's for sure! Ugh. I hate that I just made a dog = fur baby comment. Forget it. But seriously, email me if you do.

2 comments:

Kage said...

I am 100% positive if you contact ANY of these sellers, they will add a pacifier at no extra charge:

http://www.etsy.com/search_results.php?search_query=dachshund+ornament&search_type=handmade

Kage said...

or a bottle instead of a paci?

http://www.etsy.com/listing/62690216/dachshund-rock-a-bye-baby-ornament?ref=sr_gallery_38&ga_search_query=dachshund+ornament&ga_search_type=handmade&ga_page=2&order=&includes[0]=tags&includes[1]=title&filter[0]=handmade