Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Celebrating Jed's birthday with Tyler Florence

Well, not really...but, we did eat at his restaurant, WAYFARE Tavern.

I want this mantle in my future house

Jed's birthday was one week ago. I'm still full.

Menu:
starter - popovers. buttery, warm, fluffy popovers.
appetizer (yes, there is a difference) - poutine (fries, short ribs, cheese sauce and gravy...why yes, it was very light!)
entree - birthday boy: fried chicken. birthday boy's wife: hamburger
side dish - mac and cheese
dessert - carrot cake




I think he wished for elastic waisted pants.



Front row seats to the kitchen



Proof that we really did start with popovers.

We ended the night snuggling at home, watching a movie on the new AppleTV. (Side note: do not, I repeat DO NOT rent "When in Rome" it was painful. )

Here's to the best husb out there. Happy 31!





6 comments:

RyAnn Thompson said...

Happy Belated Birthday to Jed!!!! Wayfare Tavern, MMMMM sounds so good! Can't wait to hear more about it....hope to see you two this weekend?

sheri said...

Beautiful restaurant! Looks yummy and looks expensive! Too bad the ONLY night Tyler Florence didn't show up for work! Give Frankie a pat for us! Loveyoumissyou!

Kristie Larsen said...

Happy Belated Birthday Jed!! (From the entire larsen clan)

Tay and Teigan said...

Happy belated birthday Jed! That dinner sounds pretty amazing, y'all know how to do it right. And I agree on "When in Rome", it was hard to watch.

Jessie said...

Happy Birthday Jed! I love how much you two love food. Have Jon tell Jed about my birthday outing. Food was awesome, and I thought of you guys.

Christina said...

Happy Birthday Jed...yeah I know it was last month, but I find as we get older our birthdays spread out so we can celebrate forever. ;-) It looked delicious. You have an awesome wife.